At the shop, we have been getting into The Enneagram personality test! We’ve had a lot of fun discussing how this tool might help our brides when dress shopping and thought we would share some of our insights!
According to the Enneagram at Work, “The Enneagram is a system of nine personality types combining traditional wisdom with modern psychology – a powerful tool for understanding ourselves and the people in our lives.” The Enneagram Institute describes it as, “At its core, the Enneagram helps us to see ourselves at a deeper, more objective level and can be of invaluable assistance on our path to self-knowledge.” There are many free and quick versions of online tests to find your number such as this one!
Here are our wedding dress shopping tips for each Enneagram type:
- The Reformer: Go in open-minded! The dress you envisioned may not be the dress you end up with, and that is totally fine! You never know what different and unexpected styles might be perfect for you!
- The Helper: This day is about you! Let that sink in. Let the stylist spoil you. You don’t need to check in on your girl group during the appointment: they are fine.
- The Achiever: You look beautiful as you are. Don’t put pressure on yourself to try a crazy diet or workout to achieve your ideal dress size or style. Instead ask: does this dress enhance the things I love about myself?
- The Individualist: Try on the right amount of dresses! At a certain point, they are all going to blend together and you might forget the style you fell in love with in the first place. Find a way to customize it so that your dress is uniquely you!
- The Investigator: You are going to have so much fun, but try to keep your research to a minimum! Your stylists are there to help. They are supportive in making the decision and can answer all of your questions. After you say yes to your dress, you can say goodbye to the Pinterest board!
- The Loyalist: Don’t stress the dress! You have a whole team to help you pick out your dress. Have some context around what dress you desire so you can set your stylist up to help you! Your stylist will help you get from deciding on your dress to down the aisle!
- The Enthusiast: Try on dresses and leave time to spare before your big day! Start your dress buying journey at least 8 months before your wedding date. Set an appointment and stick with it. This will help you not have to worry about the last-minute rush.
- The Challenger: Know your budget and stick to it! Don’t get blinded by all the fancy brands and the latest trends. Find something you like and it will be the perfect dress for YOU.
- The Peacemaker: Bring two or three people who put your opinion first and know you well. It might be easy to get lost in the opinions of others and end up with a dress you didn’t really want. Be super honest with your stylist. They want to find YOU the perfect dress. Your opinion matters and you won’t hurt their feelings! You got this.
Do you agree with your number? What advice would you have for fellow brides and having the same number as you? Let us know in the comments below!